Email cover letter & resume to: htTabernacle@gmail.com
Church Office/Administrator (part-time)
If you are interested in working in a positive and uplifting environment supporting the church office, then this is the job for you. We are looking for someone who can oversee church office functions and also help promote/market the church as a community resource to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to work 8 to 10 hours each week mainly on office functions and record-keeping in a low-key and peaceful environment.
You must be able to accomplish tasks while working independently and also function in a team with church leadership. You must have a positive attitude, be extremely dependable, and genuinely enjoy office work and assisting people. You will work mainly with the lead pastor and provide administrative support to her, and assist senior church leaders when requested. You will have your own office at the church. This position has a great training guide and a supportive team. You should lead by example and value honesty, transparency and have a good reputation. This position is in a church office and will require you to sit at a desk for periods of time. We are a small and growth-focused Christian Church (non-denominational) located in Benzonia. Added bonus: We have a great relationship with two former (incredible) Church/Office Administrators who served the position well, and they can be a great resource to help you transition to the new position, if desired.
• Highly organized/multi-tasker
• Strong writing/grammar skills
• Highly proficient with Microsoft Word
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel
• Computer/Web proficient--Search the web for resources/add calendar items
• Experience with positing content on Facebook and Twitter
• Familiarity of Facebook Live, Zoom and YouTube
• Strong record-keeping/financial documentation
• Office management experience
• Routing correspondence (phone, email, mail, memos)
Advanced Qualifications (Desirable, not required):
• Social media marketing experience
• Experience with updating a website (uploading photos, blogging)
• Microsoft Publisher or PowerPoint
• Creating short videos and uploading to a YouTube Channel
• Sending email-blasts for email marketing
• Uploading audio recordings of the sermons to a podcast player
• Experience with Instagram
• Bookkeeping/accounting experience
• Part-time position, approximately 8 hours each week.
• Ideal working schedule Monday (4 hrs.), Tuesday (2-3 hrs.) and some Fridays (1-2 hrs.)
• Independent Contractor/full take-home pay (no taxes removed). No employee benefits.
• Depends on experience ($9 to $11 per hour)
• You will sit at a desk for most of the time/may have to lift packages/items up to 25lbs.
Email cover letter and resume to: [email protected]. Immediate opening.
• Serve as the front-person and main contact for the church office
• Make copies, collate documents, type memos and letters, edit/create templates
• Order supplies
• Maintain logs of operational processes
• Answer the phone, email, and route message appropriately
• Assist the Pastors with various administrative tasks
• Pickup and route mail to the appropriate mailboxes
• Update Social Media platforms. Ensure messages are error-proof and facilitate the mission and vision of the organization
• Take photos at events/gatherings and be able to upload photos
• Assist with creation of bulletins, flyers, posters, signs, calendars or name tags
• Maintain and update calendar items (google calendar)
• Light housekeeping duties, which may include dusting, vacuuming, cleaning mirrors, collecting office trash.
• Assist the Head Pastor with administrative duties, travel arrangements and event organization
• Support the church’s efforts to ensure programming is successful
• This is not an inclusive list of duties. Additional duties may be assigned.